Thursday, August 30, 2012

Edgy Green and Black Nails



Lately I've been doing a lot of bright colors and glittery designs, but this time my dark side won out ;)

 

I went out and bought a couple of new polishes, since I didn't have black. I'll definitely be doing another post with black again, because I really love how it's such a simple color (or rather lack of color) and that it's still sexy, sophisticated, and mysterious all on its own.

To make it more edgy I painted my ring finger Ivy League green, a polish by Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear, a line that I absolutely love. (They're super affordable and quality, too.) Anyways! I used my black thin designing brush to make the little triangle at the cuticle, which really completes the cool edgy look.

Now, there's another way this could have been done...perhaps. The first coat was three coats of the green, and then I did the black accent. I don't know how the green would look with a black under layer, but if you did the bottom layer black, let it dry, and cut out a piece of tape in a triangle shape, you could use that to cover the spot you want black and paint the green over it, creating the same effect. You would probably get more precise lines, but that requires patience, which I do not have haha!

Bottom line! This is a very simple, affordable way to get a basic edgy look. It's also a great template; you can put any color in place of the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment